Almost every person now has a mobile phone, someone prefers novelties and constantly changes models, others can use one for several years. But absolutely everyone wants to buy only high-quality original goods.
Before buying, you need to know how to check the phone for authenticity and distinguish the original from the fake. But besides this, in order not to be deceived, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- Do not buy from passers-by. As a rule, the devices they sell are cheap, which is what they attract, but the service life is much shorter, and there are no guarantees. The same applies to buying second-hand mobile devices.
- Do not purchase goods in a store with a dubious reputation, it is better to turn to representatives of large dealer networks.
- Remember not only the appearance of the original, but also learn about the technical characteristics before buying.
The easiest and most accurate way to check the device for authenticity
To do this, you need to refer to such a concept as the IMEI code that each device has. This is a special individual number, it is set by the manufacturer. It consists of a large number of digits: the first 6 is the series number, then 2 is the code of the country in which the device was manufactured, and after another 6 digits indicating the serial number, the last number is a special reserve, with the help of which originality is determined .
Before you check the phone for authenticity by IMEI, you first need to know where to look. To do this, you need to open the cover of the device and remove the battery, since it is under it that the IMEI and serial number are indicated.
How to distinguish the original from a fake?
At first glance, it is far from always possible to distinguish an original device from a fake one, but still there are some ways. Specialists who deal with mobile phones recommend paying attention to the following details before buying:
- Different screen sizes. At first, you may not notice this, but if you look closely, then in fakes there may be a strip, due to which a smaller display is hidden than in the original models.
- Battery. It is not uncommon for counterfeiters to use batteries with fewer contacts. Also, the capacity of this part of the phone may be different. For example, in original Samsung it leaves 2100 mAh, and in fakes 1850.
- In addition, it is important to pay attention to the inscriptions, they may be crooked, upside down or contain errors.
Original Samsung galaxy s4: how to distinguish from a fake?
This model is the flagship of Samsung, now it is the leader in sales, so there are many copies of it. Before you check the authenticity of a Samsung galaxy s4 phone, you need to know the evaluation criteria.
Appearance is the first thing you need to pay attention to, although sometimes it is extremely difficult to distinguish a fake from a real model on this basis. To figure it out, turn on the device and pay attention to the buttons: the central one should be located strictly in the middle. There must also be an LED flash, the correct spelling of the company name and the weight indicated by the official manufacturer.
Software. To verify the authenticity, you need to go to the settings and check which program the phone is running on. The original one has Android 4.2.2, the interface may also differ, but it must be TouchWiz.
It is these two criteria that will help distinguish the original phone from a fake, but do not neglect the IMEI check.
The authenticity of a mobile device can be checked in several ways, which you need to know about before buying. However, to avoid problems, you should not purchase goods on the street or in a dubious store.