Children imitate adults and want to have all the same things that they have. Often children ask to buy a children’s camera for them, but parents doubt the need for such a purchase, believing that the child is still too small for such a complex device. How to make the right choice, focusing on the age of the child?
Children’s cameras: digital "toys" for kids
Any kind of creativity plays an important role in the development of a child, and photography is no exception. Therefore, many parents, when their son or daughter turns 3-4 years old, are already starting to look for children’s cameras – digital devices that would suit their age.
What should be a camera for a small child?
- Simple, because the baby will have to deal with it himself.
- Strong and durable.
- Have a bright and attractive design.
- Make enough high-quality images, otherwise the child will be disappointed and quickly abandon this activity.
- Have the ability to connect to a computer so that you can view pictures on a large screen.
Finding a device that meets all these requirements is not so difficult today. You can opt for a camera from a toy company, or you can choose from an assortment of a more serious brand that produces equipment at the highest level. Here are 3 devices that look just like toys, but take real pictures:
- Fisher Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera: bright design, easy operation (only 4 buttons on the back panel), rubberized body, binocular-like viewfinder;
- digital children’s cameras from Disney Pix: devices with a bright design, easy to operate, because. on some there are only 2 buttons, of different sizes, lightweight, shockproof;
- Digitalkamera from WinX: this is a device for girls, as the name and design indicate; it has many built-in functions, is externally compact and convenient for small children’s hands.
There are many more different cameras for babies, but there is one that deserves special attention, as it is becoming more and more popular every day. This camera is from Kidizoom.
Children’s camera Kidizoom
Many parents, choosing a digital "toy" for their children, prefer the Kidizoom children’s camera. Why is it so good and who will it suit?
According to the manufacturer, this device is designed for children aged 3 to 9 years, but those who have already tried it say that a very small child is not very interested. But children from 5 years and older enjoy using the device. What are the specifications of the camera?
- camera 2 MP,
- the memory capacity is designed for 350 photos and it is possible to supplement it with a memory card,
- there is a cable for connecting to a computer,
- swiveling lens,
- many effects that can be applied to the frame,
- shockproof body,
- Runs on 4 AA batteries.
In addition, the camera has a bright design, it is available in several different colors, and therefore it will suit both girls and boys.
Camera Nikon Coolpix S32
For children over 5-6 years old, there are cameras that may not look as colorful as cameras for toddlers, but are functionally at a higher level. For example, the Nikon Coolpix S32 digital camera.
The manufacturer calls this device a “family camera" because both children and adults can use it, although, of course, if you choose a camera for the whole family, such a model will be rustic. The characteristics of the Nikon Coolpix S32 will suit those who do not strive to take professional pictures, but just want to get high-quality photos, because this is a 13 megapixel camera.
The main advantage of such a camera is that it is shockproof (it can even survive a fall from a height of one and a half meters), waterproof (can withstand immersion up to 10 m) and is not afraid of low temperatures. All functions of the device will be clear to children, and a variety of colors will allow you to choose the one that you like best.
When choosing a digital camera for a baby, it is necessary to focus not only on the functionality, appearance and price of the device, but also on the wishes of the child. Perhaps he takes this much more seriously than adults suggest.