In today’s world, an internet connection is essential almost everywhere. The times when you had to be in an apartment or an Internet club to access the network are long gone, and on the streets you can rarely find an area without Wi-Fi coverage. However, not all wireless network points are open for connection, so the question of how to find out the Wi-Fi password remains incredibly relevant. Also, it is not always about cracking someone else’s password. There are times when you need to find out the settings of your own Wi-Fi network or the password of the router, which has long been forgotten or lost after another mistake.
How to find out the password of the connected Wi-Fi in your apartment?
If at least 1 computer is connected to a Wi-Fi network
The first thing to consider is how you can find out your password. Today, even a child knows what wi-fi is, but, nevertheless, few people think about its safety. As a rule, most users do not change the password to their router, so over time they simply forget: the connection is always available and there is no particular need to know the password. Only when some changes occur, and sitting down becomes inaccessible, you have to remember the correct symbols for hours. How to find out the password of the connected Wi-Fi in this case? In fact, everything is simple, for this you need to have at least one computer connected to your network.
- First you need to go to the network control center, which can be done in the "Network" tab. To do this, click on the button in the lower left corner of the screen, which opens the Windows properties, and select the appropriate section.
- After you have entered the control center, you need to find the "manage wireless networks" subsection.
- Once you enter it, you will see your network connection, so the next step is to open its properties.
- In the "Security" section, check the box, after which you can see the encrypted password from the network to which the computer is connected.
If no device is connected to the Wi-Fi network
Although the previously described method is the simplest, and even someone who has never entered the system settings can perform the entire algorithm of actions, it is far from always possible to use it. The thing is that if you do not have a computer that has a connection to the desired network, then this method will be completely useless. How to find out the password of a Wi-Fi network if you do not have current connections? In this case, you can not do without the settings of your router.
The most effective way, which is guaranteed to make it possible to find out the password from the wireless network, is to configure the router. It is there that the current password is set, which is valid for all connected devices.
- The first thing to do is go to the router settings. It is worth clarifying that during this procedure, the device must be connected to your computer, otherwise you simply cannot find it.
- Open the menu in the lower left corner of the screen and select the "Network" tab, where you will see your device. An alternative way would be to load the desired ip address in your browser, which will also bring up the desired window. As a rule, for routers from different manufacturers, you need to enter different numbers, because there is no universal way to enter its settings. The required ip-address, as well as the default login and password, are always written in the instructions for the device or on the router itself. Check the technical data sticker on the back of the adapter.
- When you have found the required ip-address and login details for the settings, just enter them in the appropriate fields.
- After the desired menu opens in front of you, find the wireless network management tab, where your password will be located in the desired column.
- Then you can either save it and connect from other devices, or change it to more memorable words or numbers.
Video on how to find out the password from wi fi
Many users often ask how to find out the password from a Wi-Fi router if they cannot enter its settings. If for some reason you changed the default login or password, but forgot them, then the only way is to reset the device settings. This will allow you to restore the factory defaults and use the login information that is written in the instructions.
How to find out wifi password on android?
Given the abundance of various mobile gadgets, many are interested in how to find out the Wi-Fi password on android. You can only do this if you have root access to the device. There are two easy ways:
- With the help of a conductor. Download any file manager (the standard one is not suitable, since it does not see hidden and system folders), go to data/misc/ and select the wifi folder. In the wpa_supplicant.conf file you will find all the saved passwords from any network, so just select the name you need.
- Search Google Play for any social network password display app.
- If you do not have root rights to the device, then download the necessary application and do everything that is written in the instructions. If your actions are successful and you get full access to your tablet or smartphone, then use any of the previous options.
Video on how to find out wifi password on android
How to find out the password from someone else’s Wi-Fi?
To begin with, it is worth discarding any moral questions and directly consider the methods of hacking someone else’s Wi-Fi network. Naturally, everyone has different goals, but as a result, hacking is indispensable to gain access to a closed Wi-Fi point. Highlighting the main reasons, the most popular options can be noted:
- A banal desire to find out the neighbor’s Wi-Fi password to save money.
- Expensive rates for using the Internet in hotels.
- Fraudulent actions with other people’s passwords and data.
- Intentional hack to test the level of security.
The last option should be discarded due to the fact that there are only a few such cases and, as a rule, only professionals crack passwords. Fraudulent intentions also need to be ruled out, as this qualifies as a crime, so it’s better to focus on how to find out the password from someone else’s Wi-Fi to use the Internet for free.
The first method is the most simple and common, and is achieved by the usual selection of simple passwords. As a rule, most users are not asked to set up complex encryption for their network. Moreover, many do not even change the default settings. That is why you can experiment with numbers, such as "1234" or the most popular phrases (qwerty, the name of the network itself, username, etc.). If your neighbor is not particularly resourceful, then sooner or later you will get your way and get access to his wireless network.
When it comes to character selection in organizations, hotels, and other public places, things get a little more complicated. Usually, in such cases, a series of not very complex numbers is used so that the password is easy to remember, but not picked up in a few minutes. For example, seven sevens or the reverse order of numbers from 9 to 1 are quite common options, so it’s best to start with them.
The second method is more complicated, but it guarantees to achieve the goal. It is an automated form of the first option and is called "bootforce". Firstly, you need to have a laptop, as well as a fairly powerful Internet connection so that the hacking program can guess the password from the databases. As a rule, it takes a certain amount of time, but in the end it provides almost 100% result. The only exceptions are the most complex passwords of numerous letters, numbers and other characters, which are extremely difficult to guess even with the help of the program.
The third hack is to exploit the WPS connection vulnerability. If a particular access point supports this technology, then hacking is not difficult. It is worth clarifying that without certain knowledge and understanding of the process, it is unlikely that you will be able to achieve the goal in this way. However, if you understand how to act, then even passwords of 30-40 characters will not be an obstacle.
How to secure your network from hacking?
You need to think not only about how to strengthen the Wi-Fi signal, but also how you can protect your network from hacking attempts. It is worth clarifying that this is due not only to the reluctance to share their own Internet, but also to maintain its speed.
- Set the most complex passwords. It should be understood that the cat’s birthday or the numbers from 1 to 5 are not the values that will allow you to avoid hacking. Use passwords with different characters, upper and lower case letters, and numbers. Try to make the password as incomprehensible as possible, but at the same time you can remember it.
- If your Wi-Fi point supports WPS, then disable this feature in the settings, which will prevent hacking using its vulnerability.
- Change your password once a month. Even if they try to hack you using automatic programs, then the usual scheduled password change, for example, once every 2-4 weeks, will completely eliminate the occurrence of such problems.