Cookies are small amounts of data transmitted by the server to the browser and stored on the user’s computer. When you re-enter the site, the browser accesses the cookies and performs various actions with them. For example, cookies are used to track preferences and store user preferences. Cookies make working with sites much more convenient, for example, allowing you not to type your login and password every time you log in, or not to choose the design of the site each time. Cookies are often enabled by default in your browser, but if for one reason or another they are disabled, it will be useful for you to learn how to enable cookies yourself.
Enabling cookies in the browser is not the most difficult task, but this procedure has its own characteristics for different browsers. Let’s take a closer look at how to do this in the most popular web browsers.
- At the top of the web browser window, on the right we find the wrench icon or in the form of three horizontal stripes, click on it, select "Settings" in the list that opens.
- At the bottom of the page we find the link "Show advanced settings" and click on it. New chapters appear.
- We find the section "Personal data" and right under its name the button "Content settings", click.
- In the new window, check "Allow saving local data (recommended)" and click "Finish". Close the settings, restart the browser. Problem solved.
- First, look for the “Service" item on the screen. If nothing similar is visible, press the Alt button on the keyboard so that we can see the web browser menu. Now in the list that appears, select "Service".
- In the list that appears, select the last one – "Internet Options".
- In the window that appears, click on the "Privacy" section.
- We select the level of secrecy we need by moving the slider down. The most acceptable option is the last one, “Accept all cookies”.
- Click OK to save changes.
- In the web browser menu, click on "Tools". In the drop-down list, click on "Settings".
- Next, select "Privacy".
- Next to Firefox, from the pop-up menu, select the last option and check the boxes next to "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept cookies from third-party sites."
- Press the combination Ctrl + F12.
- In the window that appears, select the Cookie section.
- Select the "Accept cookies" option.
- To save, click OK and restart the browser.
As we have seen, enabling cookies is not difficult even for a novice user. But you should keep in mind one more thing: if even after enabling cookies, the browser continues to display an error that the function of accepting cookies is disabled, you should try clearing the cache and deleting cookies. In most cases, after that, all problems are solved.