What is the best antivirus (paid and free)?
Now we can confidently say that the person who does not know about computer viruses has never heard of computers. To detect them, fight viruses or restore files damaged by malware, antivirus programs or antiviruses for short were created.
From here, the question becomes relevant, which is the best antivirus for a computer?
Complete set of antiviruses
There is no single answer which is the best antivirus for a computer in 2015, since all users have their own preferences regarding antivirus programs. Almost always, modern antiviruses have two software packages:
- actual antivirus;
- an antivirus kit with a firewall, where there are additional features.
For a home computer, the first option is enough. If the computer is not connected to the Internet, then with careful use it can do without any antivirus at all, but more often it has such a connection, and then it would be better that, in addition to the antivirus, it was also protected by a firewall.
Next, the most famous antiviruses will be considered, of which the choice is most often made which antivirus is better to install.
For so many users who are faced with the task of choosing which antivirus 2015 is better, the indisputable solution is a product from Kaspersky. There are many versions of programs in this promoted brand, the most popular of which are Kaspersky Anti-Virus itself and Kaspersky Internet Security. In the second option, a firewall is added to the antivirus. As always happens, there are both pluses and minuses in the installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus .
- good protection against malware;
- user-friendly interface;
- customization and functionality;
- the ability to control traffic, anti-banner and check sites.
too high cost;
excessive independence of the program, sometimes interfering with work;
Kaspersky itself is an effective "virus" because it "eats" too many computer resources, especially during scanning.
A year’s use of the usual Kaspersky Anti-Virus will cost 1,200 rubles, and the supplemented firewall will cost 1,600 rubles.
Video about the best free antivirus
This antivirus is hardly inferior to the promoted Kaspersky, in fact, they are on the same level. It also has two versions: "Dr.Web Anti-Virus" and "Dr. Web Anti-Virus" with firewall. Web Security Space.
good protection against viruses;
anti-banner, website check and internet traffic control;
the possibility of online scanning gives the most correct answer to the question of which free antivirus is better in 2015.
- the antivirus can skip some viruses during scanning (however, like all other antivirus programs);
- with some updates, flaws in the program come up, leading to failures in its operation;
- cheaper Dr. Web can be more difficult to buy than expensive Kaspersky;
- there are not as many individual settings as Kaspersky has.
You can use a simple antivirus for 990 rubles a year, and complete with a firewall – for 1290 rubles.
Among home users, this is perhaps the most popular antivirus, NOD32 is installed by many users. It is a good virus protector, while having a number of additional features. In the simplest version, the package is called "ESET NOD32 Antivirus", and supplemented with a firewall – "ESET Smart Security".
- good virus protection
- safety in social networks;
- ad blocking;
- simple interface;
- the possibility of free use.
- the antivirus is difficult to completely uninstall;
- occasionally the program misses the simplest Trojans;
- unreasonably high cost of a license (for those who want to use a licensed product without fail);
- Quite a long scan time.
So, licensed NOD32 antivirus will cost 1080 rubles, and supplemented with a firewall – 1690 rubles.
You can close the list on the topic of which antivirus is the best in 2015 with the Avast! antivirus. The paid version of this antivirus "Avast! Internet Security" is somewhat inferior to the previously listed anti-virus programs. But its free version "Avast! Free Antivirus, is almost as good as the paid version, because it is not a simple utility that checks computers, but a full-fledged, albeit simple, antivirus.
Advantages of a free antivirus:
- no financial investment required;
- fairly good virus detection;
- user-friendly interface;
- blocking potentially malicious sites.
Looking at these advantages, one can confidently rank Avast! to the list of the best free antiviruses.
Disadvantages of free antivirus:
- skips more viruses than paid versions;
- low functionality;
- does not block banners and ads on websites.
Annual license for the paid version of Avast! Internet Security "will cost 1450 rubles.
Video about which antivirus is the best
Other well-known antivirus programs
To more fully reflect the topic of which is the best antivirus, we should mention lesser known programs.
- Free antivirus "Panda Cloud Antivirus" developers recently renamed "Panda Free Antivirus 2015", pretty good. Among the free antivirus products, it can be considered one of the strongest. It uses all the main protection against viruses and malware.
- Antivirus "Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition" is familiar to many venerable users. This software product has repeatedly become the winner in comparative evaluations and tests of anti-virus products. "Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition" is characterized by minimalist control settings, including all the main features and saving the user from unnecessary "bells and whistles".
- Another free antivirus "Ad-Aware Free Antivirus +" is a rather strange symbiosis of the very famous "Ad-Aware" anti-spyware from Lavasoft and the anti-virus engine from Bitdefender. Therefore, "Ad-Aware Free Antivirus +" shows the best qualities of an antivirus program and the most powerful tool for finding and neutralizing spyware, fraudulent programs, Internet parasites, intrusive ads and other garbage on the Internet.
- The product from the Czech Republic "AVG Antivirus Free Edition" has noticeably improved over the past year, it has become more frequently updated, and is equipped with additional anti-spyware and anti-rootkit. It also has a paid version of "AVG Antivirus", which is updated more frequently and additionally comes with an AVG Link Scanner module that checks web pages and links.
- The Avira Free Antivirus program was developed by the experienced German company Avira GmbH, which has been operating since 1986. People colloquially call this antivirus an "umbrella". For a home computer, it is an average protection that has recently begun to let in too many viruses, despite the fact that it is armed with all the components of paid antiviruses: it is able to recognize a large number of archives, it has a built-in scheduler, high-quality heuristics and protection against rootkits, it consumes little resources, and updated in a timely manner.
- "Windows Defender" for the "eight". This version of Microsoft’s operating system has its own antivirus built in, which you must remember to disable before installing another antivirus program.
- Microsoft’s latest brainchild, Windows 10, also includes Windows Defender, which has simply been renamed Windows 10 Defender in Russian.
But, most importantly, it should be extremely clear to any inexperienced user that no antivirus program guarantees complete, 100% protection against viruses!