Almost all members of social networks regularly visit their pages, where they can find a large amount of interesting information. Daily visits by users of social networks make it possible for various companies to draw attention to themselves, build consumer loyalty and increase their sales.
Depending on the type of activity the company is engaged in, as well as on the goals and objectives that they set for themselves, there are several effective models of work on promotion in social networks.
Brand promotion in social networks allows you to:
- Bring a new product to market.
- Establish customer feedback.
- Increase loyalty and popularity.
- Stimulate sales.
- Increase site traffic.
- Counter negativity.
First of all, you need to understand that the main purpose of all social resources is communication, and not sales and broadcasting of news from various companies. Therefore, every brand and company should listen to customers, respond in a timely manner to their requests, try to communicate with them in the same language – all this improves your reputation on the Internet. Following these rules will allow you to gain loyalty, and only after that you can hope for sales growth.
- The most important condition is interesting content. The more original the model promoted by your company on a social network, the more success you will be able to achieve. In addition, moderation of comments and control of user reactions play an important role.
- To attract a large audience, active regular information is needed.
- Also, for successful brand promotion in social resources, a correct assessment of the feasibility and effectiveness of an advertising campaign is required.
Video about brand promotion in social networks
A clear understanding of who exactly is your audience, and in which social networks it lives, makes it possible to choose the right platform. To do this, you need to carefully study each of them.
Facebook – has almost 900 million users
VKontakte – about 230 million users
Odnoklassniki – about 205 million members
LinkedI – more than 150 million
Twitter – 140 million
Google+ – over 100 million
The choice of the most suitable resource for brand promotion depends on several criteria.
The first criterion is the goal pursued by a particular brand.
- If a company, choosing a social resource, wants, first of all, to build trusting relationships with potential consumers, then the best option in this case would be Facebook. Today, this social network most actively interacts with the audience on a personal level.
- If you want to post company news announcements, monitor brand reviews, and look for potential customers, you can turn your attention to Twitter.
- The perfect platform to showcase your professional accomplishments and connect with like-minded people is LinkedIn.
- If, when choosing a social resource, a company sets the opportunity to communicate with business partners and industry experts as a priority goal, then the best option in this case is Google+.
Social media features
- The main weapon of Facebook is brand pages with all the information about the company and products.
- The functional advantage of Twitter over other social networks lies in customer service. Brands are increasingly using instant status updates to solve customer issues on the spot, directly in front of the audience.
- The main feature of LinkedIn is the ability to create "interest groups" in which users have access to discuss relevant industry topics with competent people. In addition, LinkedIn has another important weapon in the form of the Answers Page, which gives every expert the opportunity to showcase their expertise and share their expertise with industry peers.
- The main advantage of Google+ is Circles, which allows brands to target messages to different groups of contacts.
Age of potential customers
- Facebook’s core audience segment consists of users aged 21 to 24. This age group includes more than 17% of men and 16.6% of women. Social network users aged 18-20 and 35-44 are somewhat behind the main segment.
- Twitter audiences are older people. 42.3% of users are aged 31-49. Participants aged 18-29 years – 41.4%. Twitter is visited by almost 55% of women and 45% of men.
- VKontakte is a social network of youth, schoolchildren and students, so you need to promote your business there taking into account this audience.
- Older people sit on Odnoklassniki, so this is an excellent platform for marketing – the audience has a greater solvency and wealthier people than the same VKontakte students. There are a lot of women aged 35-50 in Odnoklassniki.
- The business social network LinkedIn is made up of an audience aged 35-44. However, it should be borne in mind that in Russia this social resource is not particularly popular.
- Among Google+ users, most of all are men of student age – about 69%.
Thus, having studied social networks for such a goal as brand promotion in social networks, we can conclude that the most solvent audience should be found on Twitter, and Facebook is the best choice to create a full-fledged brand image in social space.